My summer solstice meditation at noon was beautiful. I sat outside in my backyard on the grass with my face to the sun. I breathed the sun in through my crown chakra. It's as though my entire crown was a buzzing halo. I felt the sun penetrate every molecule of my physical body from my face and through the buzzing halo of my head all the way down to my toes like a warm drink being poured into me. The energy of it strengthened from the outside to my inner core where I felt a luminous flow. As this energy settled in, I was filled with a beautiful multi-toned moving magenta colour.
Then I put my hands on the ground, ran my fingers through the cool, crisp grass and felt the earth below. I visualized and allowed the energy of the core of the earth rise up and into my body. It was glowing crystalline emerald green and felt like pins and needles from my feet up to where the two colours collided in my heart chakra....heaven and earth connected and a beautiful vortex started spinning from my heart and getting bigger and bigger. It started as a spiral around my spine and expanded out until my body and then the entire planet was enveloped in a bright opalescent, technicolour light. I was aware of a triangular coherence between myself, above and below.
I became one with everything around me as the sounds of the birds, the cars, the hustle and bustle of people walking by all moulded together in a 360° awareness. I am restored, I am recalibrated and re-energized today.
Benefits of Meditation
I have begun to meditate daily. Here is a list of benefits from www.mindpowerplus.org
1) Meditation reduces the heart rate, as well as the respiratory and metabolic rate. This helps to reduce the workload on the heart. It is highly beneficial for people suffering from high blood pressure.
2) Cortisol is often called the stress hormone and is related to a wide variety of health related problems - especially when it is in high levels in our body. Meditation lowers cortisol levels and provides relief from the adverse effects of cortisol on our health. Meditation helps to reduce stress in this way. It also reduces muscle tension and enhances the quality of living.
3) Regular practice of meditation reduces the creation of free radicals that are responsible for tissue damage and premature aging.
4) Meditation improves the breathing process. This helps to increase airflow to the lungs and has a revitalizing effect on our overall health. It enhances the level of strength, vigor and energy.
5) Meditation boosts the immune system and slows down the process of aging.
6) Meditation helps in reducing the symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome.
7) Meditation enhances the functioning of the brain. It is helpful in curing migraines, headaches, etc. and other neurological and nervous system problems.
8) Research has shown that stress is one of the major causes in almost all the physical and psychological problems that the modern man is facing. It points out that a lot of physical ailments also have their roots in emotional and psychological turmoil within. Meditation is one of the best ways to lower the levels of anxiety and stress. It is very helpful in leading a healthy life free of any stress-related ailments.
9) Meditation enhances the level of creativity and intuition.
10) Meditation techniques help our mind to enter alpha, theta and delta waves very easily, which are the basis of deep relaxation and stress-relief. It calms down the mind deeply and gives a
relaxation that is deeper than deepest of sleep.
11) Meditation reduces anxiety, depression, moodiness, irritability and brings greater emotional
stability. It helps to develop the willpower, boosts the level of self-confidence and helps foster a positive attitude.
12) Meditation provides a deep level of physical, psychological and spiritual relaxation. It fosters a greater level of emotional equilibrium. Meditation techniques such as yoga nidra are highly effective for achieving this equilibrium.
13) A regular practice of meditation improves memory and our learning ability. It also improves the level of concentration, focus and productivity. A good concentration is essential to achieve success and our peak potential in any field of life.
14) Meditation is a one of the best stress-busters. It improves the level of serotonin in our body. A low level of serotonin is the precursor to problems such as obesity, depression, headache and insomnia. Meditation brings more happiness and joy in life and gives the feeling of rejuvenation throughout the day.
15) Meditation benefits include overcoming fears and phobias. Their presence in life causes a lot of stress and ill health. It is also helpful in getting rid of habits such as alcohol addiction, smoking,
16) Meditation improves the communication between both the hemispheres of our brain. This sharpens our intelligence and improves the perceptual ability.
17) Meditation reduces the dependence on sedative pills, drugs and other tranquilizers. It is very helpful in curing insomnia and sleep deprivation also.
18) Meditation enhances the level of tolerance and patience. It gives more integrity to our personality and makes us a more balanced person by improving our emotional maturity. It teaches us to live with equanimity amidst the day to day turbulence in life.
19) Meditation helps us to find the inner source of happiness. It results from a total peace of mind.
We come to know that happiness is not something that is found outside, but in fact it is within us at all times.
Meditation techniques help us to easily draw that happiness and bliss when we want to. It gives us the source of happiness that is not dependent on outer events and circumstances.
20) Meditation benefits us by improving the human qualities like compassion, self-actualization and gratitude.
21) Meditation improves our wisdom and provides a deeper understanding of our self and other people.
22) Meditation helps in a greater acceptance of our self and brings a more positive
attitude towards life.
23) Meditation is the alchemy to attain enlightenment. It helps us to be totally rooted in the present moment and helps to overcome the habit of the mind to wander here and there.
24) In our general state of mind, we consider ourselves separate from the rest of the universe and are aware of only our ego and our body. Meditation benefits us by making us realize that we are a part of the universe and are united. This is the realization of cosmic consciousness. The first-hand experience of this reality gives us a glimpse of our true eternal nature.
Meditation is free of any kinds of side effects. There is nothing to lose by practicing meditation, but
there is a lot to gain. It is very easy to learn and can be practiced at any time of the day. Meditation gives such a joy and bliss, that one easily transcends all desires very naturally. Given the long list of benefits of meditation, you might be wondering -- "why haven't I started meditating
If you want to start meditating, I recommend you start with a simple 5 minutes a day which can be guided meditation (google search for some good ones), transcendental meditation, silent meditation or even focused breath with prayer.
Isn't it time you stop following your life, and start creating it?
I may be a psychic but it hasn't excluded me from experiencing worry or being
side-swiped by anxiety, anger or stress from time to time.
Have you ever opened an envelope to see an unexpected and large bill? Having just completed your taxes, maybe you feel like you've been hit by a Mack truck. Perhaps your kids are experiencing stress and peer pressure and you feel like you're unable to help them. Maybe a loved one has just been given "notice" at work or is ill. At this point in time, there is a lot of doom and gloom, stress and negative news in the world. No matter what your experience is, I want you to know that YOU CAN HANDLE IT!
It's not difficult to dissolve anxiety, anger or stress. You don't need to be a Yogi or meditate like a Tibetan monk to get into your calm zone. Here are some of the methods I have used in the very toughest of times:
Once you notice you have lower vibrational feelings, STOP for a moment from whatever you are doing and recognize them. At this point, ask yourself "whose stuff is this?" Many times, the feelings we have are actually the projection of someone else's reality on to us. For instance, if you've just hung up the phone from listening to someone complain for an hour straight, you may feel drained and miserable...but that's not your stuff, it's theirs! As soon as you realize it's not your feelings, you can let them go.
2) BREATHE DEEPLY
I know it sounds cliché right? But breathing deeply just a few times and placing your hands over your heart or your solar plexus brings awareness to your body to make the mindbody connection and help begin the process of bringing you into self and away from the issue. This reduces your fight or flight response in the body, as it brings energy back into your core.
3) STEP OUT
Move physically if you can, do a few jumping jacks or push up's, clap your hands together 20 times really fast, posture your body in a silly way that would make a child laugh, take a brisk walk outside or march on the spot inside. Another way to step out is to visualize literally stepping out of your body. Try to view yourself from a different angle as if you are watching a movie. This technique works amazing once you get the hang of it.
I give this useful tool to almost every client I see. The FLOW technique is good for both emotions and physical pain. Visualize your body as a window screen. Imagine that all of the things you don't like (words, actions, feelings) are flowing through your screen horizontally and are getting filtered. They just flow right through you without resistance or judgement or agreement....just flow. All that gets caught in your screen are gold nuggets or "good things".
For pain, use the same strategy but let the FLOW take place from the top of your head and filter down through your body and out the bottom of your feet. Let it go.
After trying one or all of these techniques, you should feel lighter and be able to see the situation from a better perspective. After all, it's your life and your mind. Create your life, don't follow it!
When you think about it, mother was right. . . "just ignore it", "take a breath", "walk away" or "let it flow like water off a ducks back"! All that advice we were given as children was actually tools to put in our toolbox for living a happy existence.
Of course, if you want to go deeper into your journey of awareness and relaxation, you can always visit me at www.soulwavesunlimited.com
Until next time, stay in the FLOW and just BE
Helping people to realize their potential, become empowered and start creating the reality they desire is my passion and my pleasure.